Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Interesting Tidbits, Recently Released

Interesting Tidbits, Recently Released

Thinking that this information should be shared,  NARA in Philiadelphia, PA will be closed 29 July to  some time in late October for upgrades and more modernization. Sounds like a good thing to me.
Glad I saw this because I was going in September and now will not put that trip on my list.  Late September is a beautiful time of year to go to Pennsylvania and its been almost 20 years since my last visit.  This tidbit I got from Dick Eastman's newsletter.

Making Improvements: Summer and Fall, 2013


Roberta Estes sent a great bit of news out regarding Native American's and their use of DNA.
Seems they found a link between a ancient ancestor and a person of today.
5,500 Year Old Native Grandmother Found Using DNA  This excites me, I just want to confirm my Grandmother's Grandmother.  Truly she was Indian, why would people in 1900 say they were and teach you Indian methods if not Indian.


First Ever,  Seminar being held in New York for New York Researchers.
Welcome to NYG&B | NYG&B

The early registration time is past but it would be a great event to attend if you were thinking of a trip to see family around this time.

Syracuse, New York Sept 20-21, 2013. It is a joint effort by NYG&B and Central New York Genealogical Society.


FGS is still headed our way at Allen County Library, Ft. Wayne, Indiana,    21-24 August 2013,
FGS Conference News Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment