Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 26, 2012

Do You Belong? Genealogical or Historical Group

Do You Belong?  Genealogical or Historical Group

 Belonging to a state genealogical society just may be what will break down your brick wall.

Have you looked at what they offer at their online sites?

Do not be intimidated and afraid to ask for help.  They carry so much information it may take you a few days to wander through what they can offer.

Oh, if your afraid of the fees, check some are not high some are very absorbent but they offer much.

Ok set back and listen again.  "Do You Belong?" to a County group or region group?
Please, I can not express how important it is to belong to a group near where  you do your research.
I live in San Diego, CA I belong to organizations in SW Pennsylvania, Ohio, Massachussett's, & Virginia,  besides Chula Vista, San Diego, and Burbank CA.
You get more history of the area which helps in your research.  The more you know about the region the easier it is to find information and ask for the information you really need.

Some Societies fees are as little as $15 a  year others are as high as $125 so I am told.

Paying for NEHGS is to me worth the dollars spent for information it gives me.

Paying for Ohio Genealogical Society also does the same thing for research in that state for both myself and my Sister in law.

Belonging to my local society and three others in this region has opened doors and found new friends, and new relatives though they are distant. We can swap and exchange data and sometimes we fill in each others blanks.  Now that is the real deal when we can fill in each others blanks.

It is the time of year to hear people say, "What do you want for Christmas?", tell them a subscription to a society you have not taken the plunge into and could surely use.

All Rights Reserved, Ask I may share.




No comments:

Post a Comment