Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

More Follow the Path, Kentucky

More Follow the Path

Today I am so pleased that I am almost to excited to write. Suddenly,  the MORROW/SCOTT Family has shared more tidbits and news.  In attempting to verify a MORROW connection I found more family.

The good news, well some of it, is she is a researcher for the state of Kentucky and her web site is
more than worth the time to check out the url's, friends and family have shared to increase our knowledge.  She has a few pages of them.  She has also a side business where she helps you build a site and do research. I have to read about this also.

She started in 2004 this site I am on:  Kentucky is My Home!  by Sue Ann.

It is going to take a day to go through what she has available: Coal Mine Data, Cemetery,
Family Pictures, Family Folklore etc.  Just take a walk down this Path and see if there is some help here for you.  She covers more than I am  going to mention here. GO- LOOK and SEE.

It will take me a day to read the guest book to see if  more kin is lurking there.

Amazing she was raised in Louisville, KY where my SCOTT/MORROW cousin taught at the University.


John MORROW b 1793 Virginia  m Patience TUTTLE 18 May 1820 Wayne Co. Ky (his second marriage) (Tuttle is from GA and originally from Connecticut Tuttle's)
 Daughter Rebecca Morrow born 1821 Mercer Co. Ky  moves to Iowa with family and later marries
25 Mar 1841 Henry Co. Ia to John Cornelius SCOTT( His line goes back to Halifax Co. VA abt 1730)

Cornelius (Franklin) SCOTT b 31 Jan 1856 Moravia, IA  d 4 Dec 1918 Lenox, IA marries
Ella WARDEN, Daughter of Daniel WARDEN( from PA) and Mary J LANGDON ( from VA Joseph Langdon).

His middle daughter Inez Mae SCOTT, b 6 Oct 1892 Taylor Township. IOWA m 29 Mar 1912 Moravia, IA to Cecil Lee HOFFMAN.    They are my Grandparents (dcd). (His line also is VA/Maryland beginnings) Very early, very early.

Considering that almost all of these lines originated in Virginia in the beginning it is really been a Path to Follow to find my kin of long ago.  Sue Ann, Thanks.

SusiCP@cox.net  SusiCP1@gmail.com or SusiCP@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment