Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Lawrence McGrath ---Nova Scotia/United States

Lawrence McGrath was born 23 May 1872 Arichat, Cape Breton, Novia Scotia
Lawrence was married 7 Jan 1911 in Concord, New Hampshire to Myrtle Aikens (ATKINS).
He passed away 17 Ovt 1932 Gloucester, Mass.

His parents are Edward McGrath and Annie Keating.

I am trying to find out if my grandfather Lawrence McGrath, had his fishing boat commandeered after 1916 in Gloucester, Mass.
and if he was drafted into the Navy or Coast Guard. I do not know the name of the boat but there is a possibIlity it was the
MABEL LOVETT.

Barbara

1 comment:

  1. I am researching the McGrath's, Doyle's, Keating's, Kehoe's and Hearn's of Rocky Bay, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. My great grandfather, Patrick McGrath, and Edward McGrath are brothers. The Keatings, McGrath's and Doyles were neighbours in 1836 and the children of these families married and formed large families of their own. I have a lot of info to exchange. My wife and I are vacationing in Florida right now but I check my e-mail periodically. We return home 6 May.

    John McGrath
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

    ReplyDelete